Monday, December 19, 2011

It's frosty in here.


I am taking advantage of this time off I have been given. I must say that I have loved everyday so far. There are so many projects around the house that I wasn't able to get to when I was working that I have been knocking off my list. This is one of those projects. We have this TV cabinet that has these glass inset doors. I like the doors but I don't like seeing all the DVDs and Cd's in the cabinet. I found a great way to handle that problem. I used a stencil template that I found online and a used a can of this Rustoleum Frosted Glass  to hide all the stuff without getting rid of the glass.


I had a bit of trouble getting the hang of making sure the stencil was placed correctly. The first time I tried was an epic fail so I had the great pleasure of scraping off all the frost.




 (FYI: if something like this happens to you; save yourself some heartache and soak the glass in rubbing alcohol and the frost peels off. So much faster and easier.)


I really like the way it came out. Next time I spend more time prepping the piece before I spray. 


If you look closely you can see that I got some of the spray paint on the wood. That's nothing that a little alcohol can't fix. 

No comments:

Post a Comment