Thursday, May 19, 2011

Beauty

I stopped applying "Creamy Crack" (aka relaxer) to my hair over 5 years ago when I found out I was pregnant. I did it because I was told I shouldn't apply the chemicals to my scalp while I was carrying my baby. That got me thinking something I don't do very often if it’s bad to relax your hair when your preggers then it couldn't be very good for you the rest of the time.


That being said, I have been natural ever since. Natural hair requires more maintenance than relaxed hair does and it has been such a struggle to keep my hair looking "FLY". I struggle with keeping my hair straight after it is blown out and flat ironed. I struggle with keeping it moisturized and soft. I struggle with putting a scarf on at night. I struggle! I plan on experimenting more with twists, braids and Bantu knots but I am not a skilled beautician so, wish me luck with that.

I am going to show you what my ultimate goal is for my hair. This is what I would love my hair to look like



LOVE

This is not what my hair looks like. My hair tends to be dry so it has little to no bounce. In order to solve this problem I am giving these CANTU products a try.

I will keep you updated on the results.

Wish me luck

(Disclaimer: I did suffer a relapse and cut and relaxed my hair one but I went right back to growing my relaxed hair out.)

P.S. I don't have any pics of what my hair looks like now but i will work on that and get back to you.

1 comment:

  1. i also gave up creamy crack since last year before i started planning my wedding. my whole head is now natural! and i can't wait to see it grow...not as big as Yaya's hair (i think that's who that picture is):-)

    ReplyDelete