Monday, May 2, 2011

Weekend Recap

Hope everyone had a healthy happy weekend. I was a busy bee this weekend. We were able to get some things accomplished that have been on the household to-do list for a while now.

First, we tackled putting up a little barrier so you can't see our trash cans from the street.

No before pic, but you get the idea.

Then it was on to the front "porch". I use the word porch lightly because when I think about porches I see this.
However, I tend to make the best of what the Lord has given me so, I made some minor improvements.



I found these chairs over a year ago on sale at target. they have been sitting all alone ever since.


I picked up a cute little table from Ikea for $20 and added this gorgeous hydrangea plant. I still have a bit more work to do in this area (like clean get hubby to clean the concrete, put some cushions on the chairs and add more flowers.


I am going to go back to Loews for more of these; so pretty.


But the thing that ate up most of our Sunday afternoon was assembling this. Here is what the finished product looks like.

It should only take about one more year for the trees to grow high enough to block the view of our neighbors homes.  


It's not the pergola I always wanted but the price was right and I can add a pergola later and use this in the yard.

BTW: When we went to Ikea they had the gazebo priced at $179. that $30 more that what they had it for online. We asked a manager about it and they matched the online price; no problem.




What did you do this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment