Thursday, April 28, 2011

All that sparkles...

I have always been a fan of chandeliers. I love all types but I have an affinity towards the really sparkly crystal ones. Years ago I fell in love with this one at Zgallerie. The price tag was a bit much for me. I have a LOVE/HATE relationship with Zgallerie. I LOVE just about everything they sell but I HATE the prices. Well, I am not one to give up on my dreams. I was able to find a look-a-like here. If I purchased this online and didn't like it I would be stuck, (The company doesn't accept returns on this item. I hate that.) so that was out. I did however get an opportunity to go to NYC and see the chandy in person and lets just say it was under-whelming. It had no sparkle no pizazz.

With a heavy heart I left the not so dandy chandy behind and set out to make my own chandelier. I got lucky,on one of my many road trips between GA and NC I stopped in at the Pottery Barn Outlet in Gaffny SC and found the base of this Chandelier. It had no glass links but the rectangular shape of the base was just what I needed. I started ordering crystals online ASAP. I underestimated how many crystals it would take to fill this thing up (so I had to order more than once) but I ended up spending less than $150 on the whole thing.

Take a look:




I LOVE IT!! I want to add another layer of crystals just to make it a bit miore substantial but I think it looks pretty good just the way it is. What are your thoughts??

No comments:

Post a Comment