Monday, June 20, 2011

Father's Day Fun

This Father's day was a blast. A good time was had by all. When the other half came downstairs he was greeted by this banner the mini-me and I put together.
We went to Carpe Diem for brunch. It was OK but I am a bit hard on restaurants that serve brunch because brunch is my favorite meal. We will  go back to give it another try however, I am going to make sure I go after 12.30 when I can order a Mimosa. What's brunch without a Mimosa??


We then went to see Kung Fu Panda 2. There was plenty of action and the story has such a good message. I recommend it for kids of all ages. We had a bit of fun with the PO cut-out.


Now, I know I said I was going to grill some fish but it's my prerogative to change my mind. These lobster tails were on sale and they are pretty close to fish. So Yum.


Grilled Lobster Tails

 As if lobster wasn't decadent enough I also made Crab Mac & Cheese. Yum


Crab Mac & Cheese
 No matter how hard I try I can't seem to fight the urge to grill a big juicy steak. I guess growing up just outside of a Meat & Potatoes town had a lasting affect on me. 






Dinner was the end of a fantastic Fathers Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment